It’s no surprise that the holidays are going to look quite different this year. But there are some things that we can count on. The lights on the menorah will still be lit, Santa will still make his way down the chimney (masked up like a bandit from the wild west, of course) and gifts will still be exchanged. How we shop for those gifts, though, isn’t going to be the same. Here are some helpful tips to help you get through the season.
Here’s our Pandemic Shopping Guide:
1. Online shopping will be all the rage. Support your local mom and pop shops. Eugene’s Fuzzy Dice Emporium needs your business more than that ginormous online retailer.
2. Beware of online rabbit holes. One second you’re searching for cardigans, the next you’re deciding which color LED Lightsaber Chopsticks would go best with your new Star Wars dishes.
3. If you must go out to shop, skip the shower. It will ensure that 6-foot shopper distancing. (pro tip – add a festive hat and snow boots to your PJ ensemble and you have the perfect social distancing wardrobe).
4. Ladies, save time and money by only putting makeup on the upper part of your face. The rest will be covered with a mask anyway. Men, no more worrying about hat hair, now you have to worry about mask beard.
5. Food and drink are always allowed in the online store! Although you may want to avoid the keyboard unfriendly varieties: Cheetos, BBQ Ribs, and meatball sandwiches with extra sauce.
6. The sky’s the limit with drinks. Mimosas are great for morning shopping and consider a smokey scotch like Dragon Legend for those after dinner online shopping trips. Just don’t have too many or your doorstep might be overrun with LED Lightsaber Chopsticks.
Do you have any other amazing pandemic shopping tips? Drop them in the comments and share the wealth of knowledge!
C.G.Harris is the author the urban fantasy series, The Judas Files and of the sci-fi series, The Rax.. Book 1 and 2 in the Judas Files are now available as an audiobook narrated by the talented, MacLeod Andrews.